The Queensland State Government has released the small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant.
The submission itself is simple to complete, and you likely qualify if you’re a small business receiving JobKeeper in regional Queensland. The South East Queensland allocation has been exhausted, but there’s still plenty of allocation for regional Queensland businesses.
The available grant amount is a minimum of $2,000 and up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business.
These funds can assist in building your business through marketing and communications activities (e.g. content development – web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.). Portfolio can provide a number of services to you including marketing and digital strategy, a new website or updates to your current website, digital advertising campaigns, and Search Engine Optimisation services.
Applying small and micro businesses must meet the eligibility and assessment criteria to be considered for funding.
To be eligible, your business must:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate you have experienced a minimum 30% decline since 23 March 2020, over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant (employees must be on your payroll and does not include the business owner(s))
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the 2018–19 or 2019–20 financial year, or you can provide financial records that show this will be met for recently started small businesses
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners or directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
Use the eligibility tool to find out if your business is eligible to apply.
How to Apply
This second funding round may only be open for a short period due to demand and will close when the funding allocation is anticipated to be exhausted.
Regional Queensland and South East Queensland will have independent funding allocations and may close at different times.
Get ready to apply by completing the following steps.
- Check your eligibility to:
- find out if you are eligible to apply for round 2
- confirm your business location
- subscribe to be alerted when round 2 opens.
- Read the application guidelines, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and application tips.
- Prepare your application and supporting documentation ready to submit when round 2 opens.
- After round 2 opens, return here to lodge an online application (only available after the round opens).